- Choose a topic that has several parts for students to discuss.
- Ask students to read the material about the topic and take notes.
- After students have finished reading, enter the topic in the center oval.
- Conduct a group brainstorming session in which students identify and you list qualities related to the topic. Make sure students can verify that the qualities they listed are accurate.
- At the end of the group discussion, ask students to write a one- to two-sentence summary of the topic and its qualities.